Yannis' mum is on her way to audition for a role as Shakespeare’s Viola, when she discovers that her young son has been left home alone. Through a series of phone calls, she fights to balance the most important roles of her life, whilst walking in the most controversial area of central Athens, Patision Avenue.
PATISION AVENUE | LEOFOROS PATISION
GENRE: Short Film – Fiction Drama
RUNTIME: 13 min
FORMAT: 2K | 2.35:1 | 24fps | 5:1 Sound | DCP |
SUBTITLES: English, Italian, France, TBA.
PREMIERE: VENICE Film Festival | Official Competition | 09.2018
AN ARGONAUTS S.A. PRODUCTION
IN CO-PRODUCTION WITH ERT S.A.
● Script Selection & Funding from MICROFILM ERT-TV 2017
● Script Selection in GO-SHORTS CAMPUS, Nijmegen 2017
● Script Selection in NISI-MASA, European Pitch, ESP 2016
● Script Selection in ATHEMS FILM LAB 2016
● Filmed with ALEXA MINI.
● Only live sounds were used in the film.
● An extract from the play "Twelfth Night" by W.Shakespeare is heard in the film.
● The film took 3 months of rehearsals and only 1 final long-take shot to complete.
#filmfestivallife #filmfestival #shortfilm #motherhood #phonecalls #onetake #singlelongshot #Athens #Greece #direction #neofotistos #thaneofotistos
RADIATOR IP SALES
"A single mother’s most important roles in life will collide over the phone, during a long take shot in the centre of Athens."
"This film was my attempt to understand my mother, but it was also my personal filmmaking Everest, as it is a demanding single long take."
YANNIS FOTOU G.S.C.
ART DIRECTOR & COSTUMES
● Amazon Prime, World
● Kiss-Kiss, World
● Kinoscope, Europe
● Canal+, France
● ERT, Greece
● Vimeo Staff Picks, World
THANASIS NEOFOTISTOS is a Film Director, Writer & Architect from Greece. Berlinale Talents alumnus and Head Programmer of Student Int. Competition at Drama ISFF. His short film, PATISION AVENUE (13’-2018), premiered at 75th Venice Film Festival, won 3 awards at 41st Clermont-Ferrand 2019 (Jury, Canal+, EFA) and has already been selected in more than 90 top-tier film festivals. ROUTE-3 (13’-2019) world premiered in official competition of 44th TIFF (Toronto) and had its European premiere at competition of 42nd Clermont-Ferrand 2020. GREEK SCHOOL PRAYER (20’-2014) was his successful thesis (Golden Dionysus), and SPARKLING CANDLES (9’-2019) is his LGBTQ+ sparkling short film, premiered in 43rd Frameline. He is now in the financing stage of his first-debut feature film, which he envisions as a dark, coming-of-age, folktale, PETER AND THE WOLF; the film got the main GFC & Media funding and has been developed, amongst other, at First-Films-First, MFI, Sarajevo Script Station. His next feature film project, WILD BOARS, is developing in Torino Film Lab & MFI.
► ROUTE-3 (Fiction-2019-13’)
► SPARKLING CANDLES (Fiction-2019-13’)
► PATISION AVENUE | Leoforos Patision (Fiction-2018-13')
► FOUR DIMENSIONS AND ONE LAMP (Doc-2017-30')
► POGONISKOS (Documentary-2015-11')
► PROSEFHI: Greek School Prayer (Fiction- 2014-20')
► THE SUN AND THE WIND (Experimental 2013-10')
"PATISION AVENUE is my attempt to understand my mother; a creature of admirable sensitivity, torn between her female nature, stereotypes about women and her true desires. What I can now see is that she tried hard winning battles but losing others. As a Filmmaker this short was my personal Everest; a demanding single-long-take-shot in central Athens."
● 75th VENICE Film Festival
● 41st CLERMONT-FERRAND International Short FF 2019
Best Film Canal+ | Special Jury Award | EFA Nom.
● 36th BUSAN ISFF
Ecxellence Award for Best Picture
● 30th SAO PAOLO ISFF
● 54th CHICAGO International Film Festival
● 68th MELBOURNE International Film Festival
● 47th FNC MONTREAL Du Nouveau Cinema IFF
● 25th ENCOUNTERS International Short Film Festival
● 49th TAMPERE International SFF
● 22nd BRUSSELS ISFF
● 28th ASPEN ISFF
● 22nd POFF Shorts-Black Nights IFF
● 31th MINIMALEN Short Film Festival
● 31st DRESDEN ISFF | Opening Film
● 31st AGUILAR IFF | Best Director
● 12th HEART OF GOLD IFF Australia | Best Script
● 20th HOLLYWOOD IFF | Best World Short Award
● 6th BOSPHORUS IFF | Best International Short Film
● 14th EUREGION IFF Cinesud | Special Jury Award
● 5th BLUE DANUBE IFF | Best Cinematography
● 10th SHORTS Not Pants IFF | Best Narrative
● 10th ATHENS Marathon & Digi | Best Short Film
● 59th THESSALONIKI IFF | National Premiere
● 16th TIRANA IFF
● 45th FILMETS Badalona Film Festival
● 14th SHOW ME Shorts Film Festival
● 30th TRIESTE IFF
● 18th CONCORTO ISFF
● 16th SEDICICORTO IFF
● 12th NDU International FF
● 15th AKBANK Sanat ISFF
● 24th VILNIUS IFF Kino Pavasaris
● 21st MECAL Pro Barcelona ISFF
● 11st GO-SHORTS ISFF
● 41st MOSCOW IFF
● 33th LEEDS IFF
● 30th LIFFE IFF
● 44th CLEVELAND International Film Festival
● 28th HEARTLAND ISFF
& 60 more!
● NOMINATION European Film Awards 2019
● NOMINATION Greek Film Academy 2019
● VIMEO STAFF PICKS 2020
● SHORT OF THE WEEK 2020
*FOR FESTIVAL & SCREENINGS
Argonauts Productions S.A.
Radiator IP Sales